Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: inversion table

Distinguished Community Member

Default inversion table

They are far cheaper than I thought so my wife [she is now deal with spinal issues] and I have gotten one. What a stretch it gives and we have barely broken a few degrees past parallel. It will be interesting to see how much it impacts my pain but I know it will help stretch my back muscles giving my spine a chance to relax. Does anyone else have experience with these devices and if so what was your experience in pain reduction with it?
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Mark - Happy New year. and a belated Merry Christmas. I hope the table helps you big time. Still No Co-Op from VA - am worried about Dr. Yank-um in Mexico - He comes highly recommended with aeveral people who did their teeth - would love to have had labs - they were cancelled by the VA - have had chest pains - will be taking celox for and bleeding issues - have my pass card - wish me luck. God Bless and hope your table helps - detox is a b----, we will see/ all the best to you and your family Happy new year!!!
    Alex44
    Skypilot
    Blessings

Alex, hear is hoping that 2015 is a better year for you and your's. The inversion table has been a great purchase so far. I have muscles stretched and relaxed in my back that haven't felt like this for more than two decades. I still have nerve pain and as advertised it doesn't seem to do much for my cervical spine. I wonder if I used a harness with some weight on my head if it would help with the cervical stretch - something to try later on.

Sorry to hear you are still having issues with VA, I plan on staying out of the system forever, as there is no reason you need to suffer while waiting on them. I hope and pray the chest pains are from your thoracic spine and not your heart. I have had severe chest pains the past 30 years but it has always been my spine causing spasm that are causing the pain. I hope the celox helps with the chest pain and bleeding. Hopefully you have dealt with all the hardships that detox brings and now just deal with the pain.

I get disgusted with doctors and our systems because they don't seem to understand what we are going through. Indiana changed the law about prescribing pain medications and I don't look forward to the time my doctor retires. My wife is starting the process as she has now joined spinie nation. She sat in an office for 2 hours having her blood taken, urine sample, then being told she needs to see a neurologist [once again], see a psychiatrist, and oh by the way we can do nerve blocks. No pain medication for two bulging disk with tears, needless to say she was in tears when she got home. Tylenol or the alternatives only do so much for the pain and we know that nerve blocks are just $$$ for the doctor. We aren't opposed to the blocks to see if they help but as part of a regimen to deal with her current pain. She isn't a chronic pain person right now so we are talking about temporary use of pain meds. If our legislators had to live in our shoes for one day laws would change in a hurry. I am so sick of our government always trying to solve problems with solutions that hurt law abiding citizens as much as they do the people breaking the law. What happened to targeting law breakers; it is just easier to make a blanket change which really means our legislators are just lazy and we pay the price. You know this too well and it is why you have suffered so much when you didn't need to suffer.
    1979 spinal issues, 1993 lumbar microdisectomy L3-4, 1996 360 3 level lumbar fusion L2-5, 1999 open thoractomy fusion T8-9,
    2002 C3-7 herniations and T4-7 herniations, 2004 total disability, a new limited life

Blog Entries

I use a Teater Hang Ups inversion table. I don't have your kind of pain but sometimes I have an ache in my lumbar spine because if I am not focused I arch my back out of habit to compensate for spasticity and the table will release my tight muscles right away and therefore relieve the slight pain. I hope this helps! Happy New Year!
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/cripsnotcreeps.php

funnylegs, yes I get the same muscle relaxation too. I have been pleasantly surprised at how much it stretches my muscles out. These are muscles that were cut during surgery or had tightened up due to muscle spasms yet with a couple of minutes of being inverted I can feel my body being elongated once again. Thanks for your info and I am glad you are benefitting from inversion too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mark N View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    funnylegs, yes I get the same muscle relaxation too. I have been pleasantly surprised at how much it stretches my muscles out. These are muscles that were cut during surgery or had tightened up due to muscle spasms yet with a couple of minutes of being inverted I can feel my body being elongated once again. Thanks for your info and I am glad you are benefitting from inversion too.
    You're very welcome! That's wonderful! My other friend who has spastic Cerebral Palsy just got an inversion table as a Christmas gift after her doctor recommended it so inversion is obviously good for spasticity. I'll report her experience with inversion to you after she has done it for awhile. :)
    Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
    My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/cripsnotcreeps.php

New Community Member

I really like my inversion machine.
    I've just bought an eBook on Amazon, "How to cure tight hips anywhere."
    I've done the exercises twice so far...and my right hip pain is down by 90%
    I'm standing up straighter too.
    I think golfers would really like these exercises. :)

FineArtist, thanks for the feedback. I am seeing results from using the inversion chair too as by back muscles are stretched for the first time in years.

Hi Mark - Any chance of a photo - is it like a see-saw except it turns you totally upside down? Does it stretch the spine? Most importantly, does it provide relief? Hope this finds you and yours well.
    Alex44
    Skypilot

Alex lots of images here https://www.google.com/search?q=inve...0QsAQ&dpr=1.25

I haven't seen any pain relief except for less muscle spasms and little muscle pain. I still deal with nerve pain and pain from my bad disks but it feels very good to relax my back muscles. I still deal with nerve pain and pain from my bad disks but it feels very good to relax my back muscles. It is suppose to stretch your spine and I do feel it stretch sections of my spine. I hope you can copy the link and get to the images.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast