Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hi fellow fibro victims

Distinguished Community Member

OK, I gave up on wearing bra's years ago.now that I'm an old lady who cares? I will say I swear by Thor-lo socks. been wearing them for years. expensive! but once you wear them you will understand the comfort.

I seldom wear anything but sweats myself. actually never related clothes to fibro pain. makes sense. as for hugging? not welcome here! my dog jumping in my lap drives me nuts!

cold weather is the pits. but then again so is too hot! so we can't win,just have to adjust & deal with it best we can.

Community Member

Jo,

Hi. The cream they gave me doesn't have an actual name. Here is what it says on it though

DICL./BACL./CYCL./GABA./ORPH./TETRAC. (9) 3/2/2/6/5/2% CREAM

It is from a company called Transdermal Therapeutics, Inc. It has to be ordered straight through them, you don't get a script to take to a pharmacy or anything. You are supposed to apply 1 to 2 grams (pumps) to the affected area 3 to 4 times daily. Of course I have not been able to keep up with that at all. I never remember, so I have barely used it. I know, bad me. I do need to start using it on a regular basis to see if it will do anything. I will let you know if it works or not.

I think I have been in a flare too lately. I have been even more tired and stiff and sore.

Heidi

Quote Originally Posted by Jo6 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    hkaga, what is the name of the cream the Dr. gave you? I know Pati (Buttons) has mentioned a cream she uses and swears by it. I need something other than what I am taking. Right now I am having trouble with my legs swelling. It is my right leg and my right foot is swollen this morning. I have very bad viens on the left leg, you would think that would be the one to swell.

I'm flaring again, seems like I am flaring all the time lately. I am up sitting in my lounge chair because it huts so bad to lay down. I have found myself crying on those nights and I do not cry at the drop of a hat. Takes a lot to bring me to tears. Somedays I feel like just giving up.

Distinguished Community Member Beader's Avatar

Hi All,

Just thought I'd check in and see where everyone went. Ooo right, we're all still at home. :ambivalence:

Anyway, for those who are interested in the comfy clothes discussion, the yoga pants in a size larger are Heaven! :angel: Absolutely no pressure anywhere and they were only $12 at Wal-Mart. Clothes you can wear like PJs and still venture ouside in -- that's what I call a bargain, ladies. Plus I found some diabetic anklet socks in grey at the dollar store -- again no pressure with a strange kind of webbing to hold them up. I gotta tell ya, I'm gonna be quite a sight to behold when I finally get my Total Comfort Outfit together! Maybe I'll start my own clothing line, since there seems to be a niche market for everything under the sun, right?
    Sher
    My Life Menu: CFS probably since birth, full flavored since the 80s, with Fibromyalgia, Major Depression with a side order of Anxiety and Agoraphobia sauce, Restless Leg Syndrome with spicy Other Sleep Disorders, 11 Eye Surgeries, a generous helping of Gut Problems

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123